Social Media
     

2.1.17

2017 GOALS

Happy New Year!

I hope you had a great year. I know a lot of people didn't- I personally didn't- but let's not dwell on the past; 2016 was then, 2017 is now! I have a really positive feeling that this year is going to be everyone's year because let's face it, it can't get much worse than last year!

With that being said, this year I am going to push myself to be the best person I can be. I want to be positive, put together, and overall a better person. That is why I have a lot of mini goals that should add up to make me the person I want to be by the end of the year!



GOALS

Set my bed every morning- my room is often- if not always- a mess. Apparently making your bed makes your whole room look tidier, and that's why I want to make a conscious effort to make my bed when I wake up in the morning.

I want to try to stop biting my nails, I probably won't be able to do it but I want to try my hardest to resist temptations.

Revise- 2016 was a really stressful year, I had end of year 10 mocks, the first set of year 11 mocks and a heck of a lot more. This year will probably be no different, for instance, I have actual real life important GCSE exams in four months.... FOUR MONTHS. So this year, I have to keep on top of school work, I am going to have to knuckle down. No excuses.

As much as I'm going to have to revise, I know that it's going to make me go a little bit mad with stress, so 2017 I want to do more to care for myself (self-care, as Pinterest calls it.) I've made a board on Pinterest with lots of ideas for how to self-care, and I will be using it a lot this year!

Listen to a new album every month. I tend to listen to the same music every week, so 2017 I am going to find more music to listen to.

Get organised. There's a repeated pattern in this blog post- stress. I figure that if I plan out what I'm going to do each week, I can deduct stress.

Start a happy jar- I'm a negative person, but this year I want to defeat all odds and look at the good things in life. A simple way of doing this is to write one thing that made me happy in the day, and put it in a jar: a happy jar!

Cut back on dairy- I always feel really bloated after having too much dairy, so I want to try introducing more dairy alternatives into my diet. I've already swapped milk for almond milk, I just need to find dairy free cheese (and chocolate of course!)

Get into a bedtime routine- I need to stop going on my phone at night! I'm going to put my phone down a few hours before bed. I also need to start going to bed earlier. Just get your life together Issy!

Cut back on Social Media- Don't get me wrong, I love social media! But I'm on it far too much, looking at everyone living their life, digging myself into a hole of 'why can't I have a life like that?' It's not healthy, and I seriously need to stop it! When Lent comes around, I'm definitely going to get off social media!


That is all the goals I'm setting myself this year. There are a lot there, and it's going to be hard but I'm determined!

What are your new year goals?

Isabel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top