Social Media
     

17.1.16

Melanie Martinez: Get The Look

So many people had told me about the singer Melanie Martinez, but from what I heard of her songs, I wasn't exactly amazed by her. But the other day I listened to her full 'Cry Baby' album and I got hooked! Not only is her style of lyrics quirky, but her overall look is definitely unique! I've tried out one of her looks and I wanted to share how I got it.

This is the image I was inspired by:


For the brows, I noticed that Melanie's were a dark blue/green colour. I used a mixture of a blacky-green (Bottom left) and an electric blue eyeshadow.

The eyes took FOREVER. I couldn't get an exact match to hers but I used the white colour all over the lid first. Then in the crease, I used the sparkly purple shade.  
I put a bit of the silver shade in the middle of the lid to make it look more like Melanie's. Then I used the matte plum colour around the edges of the crease to soften off the purple. I then mixed some black eyeshadow into the crease to make the purple appear darker.

Moving onto face makeup, I used the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer under my eyes and on blemishes. This also made the eyeshadow line a lot sharper (if that makes sense.) The foundation I used was MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15.

I used  the Seventeen Instant Glow on my cheekbones to define and give colour,
I coloured my bottom lashes with this white kohl pencil.

I lined my lid only slightly with this Avon eyeliner. I also used this to make the doll-like lashes.
And finally, I used a lip liner MAC in Whirl all over my lips.

I hope you liked this style of blog post. It's different from my other posts, but I want to start doing more makeup looks on this blog so keep your eyes peeled! Thanks for reading! :)

Isabel X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top